Skip to content
- Say hello to nearly two dozen horses at CW Feed Store at corner of Hwy 4 and Hwy 550, rescued from neglect and abandonment, along with taxidermy collection of exotic animals including hyenas, wild boar, elephants and more.
- Walatowa VC and sampling of pueblo foods. Schedule Red Rocks Canyon guided tour for next day.
- Take a left to Hwy 485 to see Gilman Tunnels for photo op. Return to Hwy 4 onto Jemez Springs.
- Stop into one of Jemez Springs tasty restaurants for lunch.
- Check out Jemez Historic Site.
- Watch the gushing waterfall and hike along Soda Dam less than a mile north of Jemez.
- Check out unusual gifts to bring home from Weekends.
- Dinner at Los Ojos
- Early morning hike at Valles Caldera National Preserve for fly fishing clinic (summer only) OR drive to Fenton Lake State Park and nearby Seven Springs Hatchery for early morning fishing.
- Jemez Springs Public Library – check out Tony Hillerman collection and children’s books along with looking at Jemez Valley history as part of the ongoing Jemez Valley History Project.
- (OPTIONAL) Drive to Aspen Ridge Alpacas on way back to Jemez, check out alpaca farm and bring home alpaca gloves or items.
- Drive to Bandelier National Monument, check out Bradbury Science Museum and Manhattan
Project Historical National Park in Los Alamos on the way back to Jemez Springs
- Quick lunch and ice cream at Stage Stop in Jemez Springs before heading home